10 Tips for Peppermint Oil
I love the way I can use peppermint oil for everything from easing a headache, muscle relaxer, to the refreshing taste in my water. The cooling effect on your skin produced by the high percentage of the menthol molecule is the first reaction. The second action is to distract my brain. The third action of peppermint is to help me relax. Look for therapeutic grade oil if you want the results.
Here in detail are 10 tips for peppermint oil:
- Particularly effective for headaches, rub on temples or nape of neck. The first benefit is the “cooling effect” on the skin.
- Aids digestion upsets and/or enhances digestion, put a drop or two in your hot or cold tea or water.
- Freshen breath, great for oral hygiene. If you want to add a little zing to your toothpaste, after opening the seal hold the tube upright to allow the toothpaste to drop away from the opening. Add 20 drops of peppermint; then cap and kneed the toothpaste to mix. Now you have a cool sensation for your tongue.
- If you enjoy the outdoors in the summer and heat, fill a spray bottle with distilled water and add several drops of peppermint and sprites yourself to keep you cool. What a difference!
- Can be used to reduce fever if applied to the bottoms of your feet.
- It’s not magic. Peppermint increases blood circulation. Try placing a few drops in lotion and rubbing on tired legs.
- Reduces swelling as an excellent choice for pain relief; apply to the affected area.
- Relieves blocked nasal passages and sinuses. Put a few drops in your hands and inhale.
- Relaxes muscles particularly effective for a spasm in the throat. Place a few drops of vitality peppermint on your tongue. Also, you can add a few drops to your massage oil during and after exercise.
10.It could enhance the properties of other oils when it is layered on top.
Just remember to test first or dilute as peppermint can be a “hot” oil. Don’t get peppermint too close to your eyes. It will make them water! Wipe your hand with a cloth then wash with soap to avoid rubbing peppermint into your eyes.
Give these 10 tips for peppermint oil a try and see what a difference it makes. If you want more information, please don’t hesitate to comment.